Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Kiss

The catheter came out last night, the last direct link with the nightmare of a few long weeks ago. The UTI seems to be gone as well.

She ate her lunch today hungrily, and has been taking fluid slowly but steadily. They weighed her yesterday and she was 48 kg - a weight considered worrying in itself a few months ago - and this was after we started feeding her up. I wonder what her weight actually dropped to. 

She is more alert than for a long time although verbalising a bit less. I am not  worried about the occasional jolting any more and I am happy to trade it for more aliveness: she doesn't seem distressed by it so I won't be either. 

All the staff are commenting how she is 'getting better' and she certainly looks healthier. This might have something to do with the fact they have started washing her hair again. The next goal is to get her up and dressed and in her chair and see how she copes with that. 

It's the little things, though. I constantly tell her how much I love her and a couple of days ago the responded by looking at me and trying to say something. I kissed her and she definitely kissed me back.

Today our friend Phil was there to see her and at the end of the visit she bent over and kissed Rosemarie goodbye. Rosemarie looked at her and blew her a kiss back

It's like shafts of sunshine through the drizzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home