Saturday, April 02, 2016

More Soft Noises

Another seizure yesterday morning. Lasted a few seconds (according to the Nurse who was called) or a few minutes (according to the care worker who was changing her at the time). I was phoned shortly after 9 by the Nurse but she could not talk for long as she was in the middle of her Medication round. She wanted to reassure me Rosemarie was OK and hadn't bitten her tongue or lip this time. They didn't feel the need to give her any Diazepam and she fell into a deep sleep almost immediately. She awoke mid morning and seemed fine. 

I rang the doctor's surgery and left a message, and an hour later her assigned GP called me back. He had the results: her sodium level was still high but had fallen from 157 to 154, and her kidneys seemed to be OK. He had signed off seven days of drip and would probably do another blood test middle of next week.

By the time I got to the Care Home the Nurse had gone home so I wasn't able to get any more information about the seizure. The new nurse only knew what had been written in her notes (not much) and passed on at the brief handover (not much either) but I got to speak to the care worker and established that Rosemarie had not been too distressed during the seizure.

She certainly seemed OK when I entered the room and I almost got a welcome. I had brought some more pictures of her granddaughter and made a show of putting them up. She seemed to follow what I was doing and there were some smiles and verbalisations. 

The saline had run out and the replacement wouldn't arrive until...'some time after six' but that was mainly because the drip rate had been set faster (I have learned a lot about drips in the past few days).

She was chatty and happy to eat. I had brought a chocolate sundae that was very popular, and a creme brulee that provoked a genuine "Mmmm". I also got her to drink 200 ml thickened juice. She had her medication, and the nurse suggested I try some Nutilis. It was strawberry flavour, and actual quite tolerable, so I thought I would give it a go.

She ate it all, washed down with another 150 ml juice.

She was quite tired by now, but still looking at the pictures and making soft noises.

This seems like a Dreamtime. 

Or the eye of the storm. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home