Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Getting Away With It

As planned we all met up at the care home in suits and buttonholes. My daughter brought one of the bridesmaids with her and they got changed into their finery. We were worried about the logistics of it all but we needn't have been concerned. I wheeled Rosemarie right past our daughter standing there in her wedding dress and she didn't notice.

The weather was compliant and we found a nice spot in the garden. The Best Man lined us up and took a lot of photos. Rosemarie likes him (and the bridesmaid) and they found it easy to get her to smile. 

After ten minutes of photos we went inside and sat in the café area. I had brought some cakes and we had a little party. Not too much - Rosemarie was already showing signs of tiredness and confusion and after about half an hour we tidied things up and went our separate ways. I took Rosemarie back upstairs just in time for lunch.

There were some great pictures and I have printed some out for framing. We will put one on her wall.

I have gently alluded to the event since along the lines of "Do you remember when we took some pictures of [our daughter] in her wedding dress?".

"Yes."

"Would you like me to print one of the pictures and put it on the wall?"

"Yes."

That's all I'm risking for now.

The staff at the care home thought it was a lovely idea and wanted to see the pictures. The family thought it was a great idea.

It still leaves the taste of bile in my mouth.

Somehow, bit by bit, I seem to be having to abandon all the principles of truth and honesty that I thought I had.

I have lied to her (or at the least deliberately misled her) and getting away with it doesn't make any difference to the fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home