Friday, February 17, 2006

Aeon Flux. What?

Well. Just got back from taking my son and his cousin to see Aeon Flux. Well.

Um.

It's not that it's bad exactly. Though it is. It's the waste. I don't know what gets into these producers and directors. Lots of money on special effects and sets (well quite a lot anyway) and then really ruin it with a crap story. I mean, does it take that much longer to read through the script and notice glaring plot problems and continuity errors? I mean, the Matrix story was pretty crap, specially in the last two films, but at least they made an effort. I sometimes think they should turn entire films over to the art and design teams and completely forget about trying to graft a story on to it. Well I guess they did it with 2001, and it shows up in some of the IMAX 3D shorts, but with the exception of a few shining beacons like Blade Runner and the first two Alien movies. it's pretty painful.

I hardly know where to begin. This film sinks under the weight of the
Stormtrooper effect, there is staggering technology with no apparent source or consistency, people miraculously recovering from bullet wounds, communication devices that require you to dig holes in your flesh, except when they simply make your ear light up, events immediatley contradicting explanations, a voice over that comes and goes at random, and a lead character and initial baddie named Trevor.

You have to sit through all this just to watch Charlize Theron running round in a skin tight catsuit. It was Underworld:Evolution all over again.

The things I do for my son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home