Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Here we go then

Just what the world needs. Another blog.

Toyed with the idea for a while like it was a hangnail. What would I say etc. How to avoid emulating other blogs. Serious/political? Amusing/trivial? Dear Diary? It's like that moment of helpless freedom when I am asked what I want my password to be, or what to name a new machine. It can be anything. I have absolute power. Why can't I decide?

Still, I couldn't make the time to write the relevant code on my website; it was easier just to take the Google shillling and see what happens.

I don't get that worked up about Google any more than I get worked up about Microsoft. Yes they are earth-swallowing corporations with a quite scary power over peoples lives and they don't always behave as I'd like. But I can remember when each make of pc had its own operating system, and more recently, when search engines were an idea whose time was overdue. The advantage is that you can see where they are and it is in the open. I am far more worried about the data being collected by loyalty cards, mobile phone companies and our government's idiotic drivel comments about ID cards.

Oh, and why Other Kosh?

Long story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home